Saturday, September 20, 2008

Square-Mania

I've been crocheting and knitting up 9" squares and now I have a little leaning tower of squares! They're waiting for company - more squares from our group.

The top square is the basics solid granny square pattern I use.
There is a YouTube video that shows how here.




Now Lizzie has made quite a few blankets already and she just finished a crocheted Box Stitch Diagonal one.

The other day at the LA County Fair, I saw a lapghan crocheted in Box Stitch Diagonal. It was just odds and ends with black sc around the edges.

So I've decided to try my hand at this stitch. Funny thing is that I've made an afghan or two using this stitch, but many, many years ago. So I am glad there are tutorials to help refresh my memory.

I decided to just make a 9" square for practice because I do not have enough yarn for a lapghan or baby blanket.






Rita's Slippers Are Done!

PDF Pattern: Mountain Form Slippers
Yarn: Worsted wt stash odds and ends

These were fun to make, but I am not sure I like the ribbing part. I suppose it holds the slipper snug to the foot. I'll have to ask Rita how they wear.
I was thinking next time I could just do them on straight needles and crochet the seam closed on top, like a planned embellishment.

3 comments:

kathy b said...

I just love the little triangle you've posted today. BEAUTIFUL. You are always up to something FUN.

LizzieK8 said...

Nice squares and have fun with the DBS square. I'm doing an odds and ends sweater now.... It never ends!

Tracy Batchelder said...

I really like the slippers, even the ribbed section!