Thursday, May 01, 2008

Ran Out Of Yarn In Colorado


A creek behind the Blue Cow Eatery in Morrison Colorado


Yes I did run out of yarn in Colorado! I thought I had taken enough yarn to knit some simple hats and I was sure my daughter had some extra yarn I could use.
I was wrong!
I knit too fast and dear daughter only had yarn that was assigned to projects.
We did go to Hobby Lobby, and we chose yarn to start my grandson's Babette Blanket, but I did not buy extra yarn for anything else.
Note to self - next time pack MORE yarn!

The Hats



The above trio of hats were knit from Wool Winder's Colorful Stripes Hat Pattern.
I used one ball of Lily Sugar n' Cream for the pink ones and odds and ends for the blue one.
The blue one fit my grandson's head - 72 sts on #4 needles did the trick.


Grow With Me Hats

The following hats were from from Cathy Cate's Grow With Me Hat.



Both took only 1 ball of Lily Sugar n' Cream cotton yarn.
The patriotic one above is for my grandson.



And no mitten knitting.......


Now for some more Colorado pics


My grandson




Coors brewery at Golden Colorado

1 comment:

Tracy Batchelder said...

The hats look great! You knit so fast, you might consider devoting one entire suitcase to yarn only.

Your grandson is so cute!