Saturday, February 24, 2007

A Hole In One

This is why I don't do knitted socks for myself.



Remember these slipper socks? I just had finished them in January and now I've worn a hole in the sole. Could be because they were not knit at a tighter gauge, could be the yarn type, could be I wore them too much. And yes I do drag my feet, one foot in particular because I have a slight scoliosis back problem - so I cannot fix that, but I really like warm slippers.

The crocheted ones seem to be holding up better but I prefer knitted ones.
So I fiddled around with a generic garter stitch type slipper and left the sole part until last.
I picked up 12 sts at the black stripe and knitted back towards the heel, picking up and knitting together the ends of the cuff stitches.
The plan is that when I wear a hole in the sole, I can unravel it and re-do it. We'll see....



At least they are bright and cheery!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried EZ's mocassin sock pattern?

Tracy Batchelder said...

You always use the best combinations of colors. It must come from having such a big stash of yarn to choose from. I think the replaceable sole is a good idea.

Bobbisox said...

Do you think that maybe the bottom of the slipper got caught somehow? I had that happen to me on a nail coming up from the metal shims that edge the tiles in the kitchen. I did repair it and it was as good as new.

btw, I worked in Fontana for about 12 years

What the Tech said...

Hi thaanks for posting this