Thursday, January 25, 2007

Slipper Experiments

Combo Knitting



This is one of my favorite patterns - crocheted slippers from the toe up. The only thing I never liked was the width of the instep. I have high insteps and slippers I've made before were always too snug to pull on. This time I think I got it right as I increased as I worked toward the instep. That left me with too many stitches at the ankle but I fixed that with knitting a ribbing.
Now they're just right and too bright!


Two Needle Slippers



Here's a experimental pair on two needles. I can seam up garter stitch with no problem and I can knit a bit faster on two needles. Sticking to what I do best, I made up this pair as I went along. They're like the green ones but fit better as I went down to 36 sts (18/18). They fit fine but I think I would like a deeper heel. I'll save that for version #3.

I have more blankets and baby sweater pics to post soon.

3 comments:

Art & Disorder said...

Hi Mariella I visited of its blog, its archives also, and was admired with its works in tricĂ´ all pretty ones, the form that makes the gloves called me the attention seems practical.
BRASIL

Monika said...

I think the slipper are goregous! I like bright colors, at least on the feet! ;o)

Wool Winder said...

I love your use of color on the first pair of slippers.