Monday, June 02, 2008

Hello - I Am An Over Achiever

Warning - If you are reading my blog anywhere besides here (http://knittingnonni.blogspot.com) - it's been stolen and reposted.
Always check the address bar to see if you are on the correct site.
This is called blog scraping and people do it to make money by diverting traffic to their site.
To check and see if your blog's been stolen - Go here: http://www.copyscape.com/


The Battle of the Mittenz Knitting is still going on. There is about 7 of us "Over Achieverz" that are in the double digits. Here is my 6th set of 8 pair and when I get to the 50th pair, I will take a little break.




I will not stopping making mittens but I think I'll switch to making a few hats and slippers.

Hatz Blitz, Heet the Feet Blitz and Babiez Blitz were being discussed in our Yahoo Group.
There will be more about this when the actual challenges start.
The Hatz Blitz will most likely start after the Mittenz Blitz ends - Sept 30th.

Some of the my fellow OA's (Over Achieverz) have already started making hats so ya know I have to "get with it" and knit me some Hatz!

Oh and I almost forgot about the "Underwear Blitz"!
Between now and August 1 (the mailing date) we are challenged to pick up a pack of NEW (only)
underwear for school aged children. It's our June/July Blitz.

Now to go check out my Ravelry Queue and see what hat patterns I have marked.


5 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Way to go! Keep it up.

LizzieK8 said...

I was kinda thinkin' the same thing. I have 49.5 pair done and have enjoyed working on Hatz the last couple days.....

I'm wondering if instead of three or four months for each challenz we should do a month of this, a month of that, etc. Then we'd have some of each to send in the fall and into the winter....

Monika said...

I admire you and your other ladies for knitting so much for a good cause.

hakucho said...

That is a very nice assortment of mittens :)

Mimi said...

I wanted to thank you for linking to the garter stitch panda paws. I really loved yours and so I needed a quick project and I am in love with this pattern. I used some self stripe yarn and it was a fun pair of mittens and I think they look really good for so little effort.