Friday, October 03, 2008

Mitten Challenge Totals & More

The totals for the Mittenz Challenge of 2008 are in!

1003 pairs of mittens/gloves/wristers were were mailed last week to the Rez!

Simply amazing, isn't it? What one group of people can do when called to the challenge!




Now back to our regular programming.... digging out the WIPs

Found two more hats in the WIP pile.

Hat #23
Pattern: Slip Stitch Quilted Baby Hat by Shelly Kang
It's a Ravelry Download too. $5

Since this was my first attempt at quilted stitches, I used stash yarn.
It was a bit hard for me to keep track of the pattern and I know I made at least one "design element". But I like the outcome so much that I'll probably make another and choose some prettier colors. This one reminds me a little pineapple!


Hat #24
Pattern: Gansey Hat by Gail
Yarn: Bernat Soft 'n Cozy
Needles: #7's

I was a test knitter and I thought this was a fun hat with all the patterns going on.
I plan on making more.

5 comments:

Monika said...

The slip stitch baby hat is very cute.

Mari said...

number 23 is a Green Bay Packer Hat!

kathy b said...

Both hats are really lovely. Congrat's on your great charity knit drive.

Tracy Batchelder said...

You're right, it does look like a pineapple. Both hats are really neat! Congratulations to your group. Over 1000 mittens is awesome!

kathy b said...

Do you think I could get the gansey hat pattern from gail now?