Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Half Hexagons

I decided to "fill in the gaps" and make some half hexies for the sides.
I Googled around and looked at Ravelry hexagons, but could not find any thing that would work.



No Pictures available - somehow they disappeared from Flickr
Only one available is on Ravelry


http://www.ravelry.com/projects/KnittingNonni/hexagon-how-to

This is how I made up the half hexie.

R1: 8 dc in a ring (however way you want to make the ring, I did a magic loop) Break yarn. DO NOT TURN

R2: Ch4, (2dc cluster in next DC, ch1) repeat 5x, ch1, dc in last dc. Break yarn do not turn.

R3: Ch3, dc in ch1 space, (ch1, 3dc’s in next ch 1 space) 5x, ch1, dc in ch1 space, dc in last dc. Break yarn.

R4: TURN hex motif to wrong side and start this row with a sc, ch2, (sc, ch3) 5x, ch2, sc in last stitch, TURN

R5: Ch4, 3dc in ch2 space, (3dc in next ch3 space, 3dc, ch2, 3dc in next ch 3 space) 2x, 3dc in next ch3 space, 3 dc in last ch2 space, dc in last dc.

Hopefully I typed this out right, but if in doubt you should look at the pictures.
Since I did not take a pic of the last row on the 2nd attempt, I do not have a model to go by. It fit so well I did not want to take if off the blanket ;)

So there might be an error on the last row - let me know :)

Which ever way you choose to make your half hexies fit is probably ok as long as they look good on your blanket!

7 comments:

Monika said...

I think the blanket looks better with the half hexies. Thanks for posting on how to, because some day I will need it. :o)

LizzieK8 said...

Great Idea! I was thinking the same thing. I'll have to finish up the length on this one and then make some half hexies to go with it!

inkberryblue said...

Thanks sooo much for posting this! I've been searching for a half hexagonal pattern for ages. =]

Unknown said...

WOW! I Love this Idea
thnks so much

Sara said...

I was wondering how I was going to square my hexy throw up - Thanks for the tutorial, although it will be ages until I need it as I haven't got that far yet with it!

Kim said...

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this :) I've been working on some hexagons of my own, and couldn't quite visualise the half-hex. Should be a doddle now with your help!

Much love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Would love the pictures. They are ni longer available.