Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hatz!

As promised - hats

This is my go to small hat pattern.  It's the Itty Bitty Hat from Carri Hammett.   The sizes are from newborn to 24 mos.  You cast on 56, 64 or 72 sts.  I've made quite a few with 80 sts and a bit longer.

One can do so many things with this pattern.  It is great for fair isle or slip stitch patterns.      I try to use one main color yarn and then add those little odd leftover balls every other row or so.

The pattern is a free pdf pattern found at Cold Water Yarns .com
PDF pattern here.


Also great for small peeries



Made this Lion Brand 4x4 ribbed hat.  

Knit for 10" and then worked crown decreases which made for a nice 3" brim to fold back over the ears.
Pattern is on the Lion Brand website - Ribbed Hat #60814AD


Moving on to the Bob Hat.  

Pattern is  available as a free Ravelry download.
Very thick hat, knit with double strands of yarn.   Again I used leftovers of blues and browns.  Quite easy, but for some reason my fingers and hands hurt during knitting this up.  
Maybe I have to toughen them up - that's what one gets for not knitting as often as they should!

Now for one of my favorite, quick and easy crochet caps.
This is Melissa Malls Basic Baby Beanie.   I added the scalloped edging.  This one works up very fast and I've made many of these.
Pattern is on her site - Basic Baby Beanie


All the hats go into this box and when it's full I am mailing it off to the Rez!



1 comment:

Mimi said...

Welcome back. You have been missed. You do spur me on. Now I am thinking hats.