Monday, April 27, 2009

Just Can't Get Enuff!


Just cannot get tired of admiring my hexagon blanket and already planning the next one!

I am so happy with the way this one turned out.







This is how I single crocheted the border. I laid the blanket up on a counter in the living room and crocheted around while standing up. No heavy heated blanket on my lap!



After I had done 1 row of single crochet and another of double crochet, I got the bright idea to to the last two rows at the same time.



5 comments:

Wool Winder said...

It's beautiful!

Mimi said...

You did yourself proud on the half hex. It is indeed a thing of beauty it makes me smile just looking at it.. I am laboring over a knitted baby sweater( an new pattern for me). Its easy just taking fore-v-e-r.

Monika said...

Beautiful, stunning blanket! I want to cast on for a hexi blanket right now, but I'm not, have to finish Babette first. How did the last two rows work out for you? Was it a good idea?

Kathy said...

A work of art, truly. I love your way with colors Nonni. Again and again you amaze me.

val said...

Wow! It is just GORGEOUS! and very encouraging as I am struggling with joining my hexis together - I can't tell how to get a proper shape yet! It seems to grow like Topsy. But your half hexis will help me a lot. I am so glad to have found your blog - I do hope you start another, like you I love crocheting them.
Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Val xx