Saturday, April 04, 2009

Getting Closer To Completion

This Hexagon Blanket is coming along very quickly. It's so much fun to just pull out a motif and join it up to the next set.

Since I did not want the full blanket laying on my lap, I decided to work it in sections. Below you see that I am almost done with the sections and then I have to join them with motifs in between. For that I'll have to have the whole thing on my lap, or I just might work it on a table.




Here's a close up of the sections - so much color!



And to answer Knitting Angel's question of how I choose my colors.

I just throw everything into a plastic bin and pull out the next color.
IF I don't really, really like the combination or if it's too close to the first color, then I allow myself to pull out another one.
I also tried to alternate light and dark motifs. Sometimes that worked, and sometimes it didn't.
All in all they're still combining very well.

2 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

You are joining yours as you go. I'm going to do "our" blanket with black and single crochet. I'm hoping to get a stained glass effect.

I can't decide which I like better, though....

Wool Winder said...

You have a great instinct for combining colors. It's looks great!