Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oh No! More Hats!

I'm almost up to my 50 that I pledged for the Hatz Blitz!

Hat 45
So I've had the Bond/ISM for years and really never tried ribbing on it. I did a closed cast on - something else I'm not really great at. I decided on an easy rib of k3, p1.
With the machine, you knit the amount of rows you want and then undo every 4th stitch and latch it up. Fun and I'm happy that I was able to try these two techniques and get them almost right.
I say almost because I forgot to use a smaller keyplate for the ribbing to make it tighter. There's always next time.



Hat 46
Now this one is a "Hybrid Hat". I knit the stockinette body all on the machine and worked the ribbing with smaller needles by hand. Learned a new bind-off technique that produced that chain effect. I then worked the crown decreases by hand in the round with double points and sewed the little seam up.
Still took me just the same amount of time as if I had done the ribbing on the machine.



Hat 47
Finally finished this one!
Pattern: Dylan's Beanie by Woolly Wormhead

I used #6 needles and Caron Rainbow Yarn
Size: medium

And that's all for now.....

Still working on the Juliet Cardi and the Sally Melville Vest.
What is taking most of my time is the last few squares of an crocheted afghan.
Arranging the squares and seaming up is next.

4 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

Good for you...learning new things and makin' Hatz!

I CO a hat for my son yesterday. My kids so rarely ask for anything that I jumped on this one....

Wool Winder said...

Keep 'em coming. I love hats!

Kathy said...

I love wooly wormhead patterns. Your hats are the best. Mad Hatter!

Anonymous said...

50 hats? I must have missed that pledge. You're amazing, you are!

Debbie in In