Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Thrift Shop Score and More

Yesterday I went to several thrift shops and found a very nice small afghan, 37" x 52". I washed it and it's ready to go for the Blanket Blitz.
Found a few bags of odds and ends that will be great for my crochet squares. I've separated them into cool and warm colors.

Still knitting mittens - a pair here and there. Here's one from the Warm Woolies pattern knit with 2 strands of yarn. One Red Heart and the other mohair. This is about the 2nd or 3rd pair I've made with this combination of yarn. The mohair sure makes them soft and fluffy.



Saw this hat pattern in one of my Ravelry Groups - Hats Hats Hats


They're having a Hat KAL for October and this was one of the suggested patterns.

Crocheted Brimmed Hat


It's a quick project and was fun to do.

1 comment:

Wool Winder said...

It's good to see a thrift store afghan put to good use. I enjoy knitting with mohair, but never thought to combine it with acrylic.