Sunday, April 06, 2008

Moving Right Along

Yes I am moving right along on the Mittenz.
I've used my Sideways Mitten pattern to come up with these easy Wristerz.




I decided to knit a rectangle And thanks Lizzie, for encouraging me to do that.

I then added on the thumb part at the end instead of in the middle - seemed easier that way.

You can lengthen by adding more stitches and widen by knitting more rows.



I'll be posting the pattern to my pattern page in a few days but for now here is what I did.

Sideways Wristers

Gauge: 4-4.5 sts = 1 inch
Worsted Wt yarn

CO 35 and Knit for 28 ridges from beg.

Thumb
1. BO 10; place last st back on LH needle;

CO 3 sts on LH needle for thumb, K across

2. K across 28 sts – 1st thumb ridge

3. Short rows: K 7, turn

4. Slip 1, K back

5. K 9, turn

6. Slip 1, K back

7. K 11, turn

8. Slip 1, K back

9. K 13, turn

10. Slip 1, K back

11. Knit 28 sts

12. Knit 28 sts – 5th thumb ridge

13. Short rows: K 13, turn

14. Slip 1, K back

15. K 11, turn

16. Slip 1, K back

17. K 9, turn

18. Slip 1, K back

19. K 7, turn

20. Slip 1, K back

21. Knit 28 sts

22. BO next row.




Now for Pair #9

Crocheted Fingerless Mittens



Pattern: Super Easy Fingerless Gloves

Yarn: Red Heart worsted

Quick and Easy and love that eyelet part down the center.

3 comments:

Wool Winder said...

It worked! Looks great!

LizzieK8 said...

I like 'em!!! Great job. I'll have to try your pattern once I finish up my obsession with these socks and the mates to my other two sideways muffatees!

Aren't we creative?

Kathy said...

Mariella

I have to make a pair right now! THANKS for the free pattern. My hero! Nonni!