Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lazy Saturday

It's a lazy day over. Watching Sci-Fi channel and a Tivo'd Dr Who episode.
But I did manage to finally upload some pics to Flickr and update my Ravelry projects, and post here too!

Mittenz




These are from Arlene Williams "Lopi Mitten Pattern".
I followed her needle size, but I should have gone down a size or two.
The fabric is not as dense as I would have liked it to be.
Otherwise it was a pretty easy pattern and fun to knit.


Trio of Mittens


Left pair from Warm Woolies pattern
Center pair - my own pattern mix
Right pair Cinchy Chunky Mittens - a free Ravelry download.

The blue mittens were made with one strand of worsted wt yarn and one strand of Amy Blatt Mohair. I love this combo as the mitts are so soft and warm.


More About The Pink Mitts


The above mittens were knit with one strand of worsted wt and one strand of Dazzleaire.
I discovered Icord thumbs!



So let's move on to my other WIPs!




A Gansey type hat. Pattern from an online friend - not sure if she is going to sell or publish.


Another Hat - but I'm not happy with it.


I just love the original pattern, but not my hat. I feel like frogging it - I don't like my color choices. Then again, I am slowly learning how to knit this intricate stitch and I should just keep plugging along and finish the hat.....


Crocheted Blanket



Still working on the Mile-A-Minute crocheted afghan for my daughter.


Shrug It



This is my Shrug It from One-Skein Wonders

I'm knitting it longer than the pattern and probably making 3/4 length sleeves.



Shawl for the Elders



I have 6 more garter stitch ridges to go! Then I start the edging.
Pattern - Half Circle Shawl

Okay, so I'm a little busy....

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Again your color choices are impeccable. I cannot say it enough. I come to your blog for all kinds of things, but my favorite is your gift for color.

have you entered my contest on irisheyes?

LizzieK8 said...

Such work! Lazy indeed!

I watched Dr. Who episode finale last night... ::heavy sigh::: Can't wait till next season starts!

I remember reading about the I-cord fingers for a glove. Where are the instructions to be found? If it works for me, maybe I can make gloves....

Wool Winder said...

You always have a lot of projects going at once, but you accomplish more than any knitter I know.

Adding a stand of mohair to the mittens is a good idea. And I love the color combo in the shawl.

Great work!!!

AmyS said...

Wow, Mariella - everything is just beautiful! I love your hat, including the colors, but I know how it feels to just not be happy with a combination. I thought I was over-extended, but I see you are managing wonderfully with all of your gorgeous projects. Great job!