Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Well Look At Me!

I'm knitting two mittens on two circulars! I remember trying that last year and I just could not get the hang of it and gave up.

I needed to get some mittens worked up for family in Denver and did not want have that dreaded "2nd mitten syndrome". Especially when one is working stripes or mods - you never remember to write them down or you cannot remember when working the 2nd one.

So I found a great video from You Tube by Cat Bordhi -
Knitting On 2 Circular Needles

Finally - it just clicked! I was able to knit both at one time of them using this concept.





The pattern I am using is from Magknits and is called Peekaboo
Knitting with 2 circs would be easier if I had two different colored #4's but both were green.
At least they are a different shade!


These blue mittens were the first ones I made - the ones on the right with dp's and the smaller ones on 2 circs.



These are from a pattern called Playground Mittens and knit with some aged worsted wt yarn.

The larger pair were knitted following the pattern but I did not like the rolled edge of the opening so on the 2nd pair I knit a p1,k1 rib two rows before I cast off those stitches.
Great idea to use on any of your favorite mitten patterns!

2 comments:

Monika said...

Congrats on mastering the 2 circs method! I've had my eyes on the peekapoo mittens as well. I would need a pair of those.

Wool Winder said...

I can see the advantage of knitting both at once especially if there are lots of stripes. You'll never experience "2nd mitten syndrome" again!