Friday, October 19, 2007

Scrap Blankets

Nine Patch Scrap Blanket



I finally finished my summer project - the Nine Patch Scrap Blanket.
I started this in May and it was easy to work on thru the hot summer months because you just knit one square at a time. Also easy to carry around :)

Since these are little tubes knit in the round, all you do is knit, knit, knit, throwing in colors and patterns wherever you want.

Below is the back of the blanket.




Pattern in my Ravelry Store (you don't have to be a member)




Square Rescue Blanket

I rescued these squares from the local thrift shop - aren't they pretty?





I could not resist adding my own and attaching them as I go along.
Found these great tutorial for JoinAsYouCrochet on Yarncat's site.




For now this is a WIP

3 comments:

Monika said...

This is a colorful, happy blanket, and a wonderful idea, with knitting in the round. Very clever! ;o)

Wool Winder said...

Great colors in your scrap blanket and I like the crocheted squares too!

Carol Ann said...

I love the 9-patch! It's so pretty, and what a fun way to use up little bits of leftover yarn. I'll have to start one to use up the little bits that are too small to make something with, but so hard to throw away!