Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Eeek - A Spider!

I really do NOT like spiders, but I had a request for another spider hat.





Last year I made s spider hat for my daughter, inspired by these Halloween Hats from Sally.

This year she requested another hat for one of her students. She's a biology teacher so I had to make sure Mr Spider had 8 legs!
Spiders do have 8 legs don't they?

I used the Easy Knit Hat pattern from Lion Brand Yarn - Just Hats book.

The spider I made up by crocheting a circle and in one stitch, I worked a sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc to make a head. The legs are added on by chaining and slip stitching back around the body.
French knots for the eyes and attach spider to the web!

Just have to sew up one loose strand you can see in the picture :)


Other Knitting:

Working on a Drop Stitch Scarf, baby booties, 2 crocheted squares blankets (how did that happen?), another EZ Baby Bog sweater and a knitted blanket.

3 comments:

mari said...

Looks GREEEEAAAAAT. Thanks so much Mom!

Wool Winder said...

Love it! If I had more time, I'd make one for the costume party we are supposed to attend tomorrow night. I'm not going to dress up, but it will be outside and I might need a hat.

Monika said...

So cute! I liked the last one too. Great idea! ;o)