Monday, September 24, 2007

The Last Mitten!

I finally finished my 21st mitten - my last pair for 3 sets of 7!




The pattern was found thru Ravelry and and comes from Joanna of Sweden.

Here's the pattern
It is a PDF file.
I used one strand of Lion Brand Magic Stripes and one strand of worsted wt stash yarn.
Pretty easy!

And I'm back from a one week stay in Tucson Arizona. I managed to find a yarn shop to visit :)
It was Purls. Very nice smaller size shop with a very helpful sales person. I was looking for an aqua cotton yarn to use for dishcloths for my sister. We already had chocolate brown, but she wanted aqua to match her bathroom colors.
And since I knitted them all while in Arizona and gave them to her - no pictures - my bad.....

Now to answer Anami:

Yes my pair of "little" booties turned up a bit big but I figured there were some cute little chubby feet at the Rez just waiting for them. I do not have the patience to knit them up in a baby yarn or sport weight. I think they would fold and feel better in a lighter yarn. Let me know if you do try them again! Thanks for the input - it always helps to have someone test knit these "experiments" of mine :)

I'll be posting my current WIPs soon - I came back and started about 3 more!

3 comments:

Wool Winder said...

Really cute mittens!

Rita said...

These mittens from the swedish Lady are so wonderful. I love Garter Stitch. You did a great job making them, all your knitting is beautiful. I tried to download the pattern as you have given us, but it sends a mesasage that says,Link is broken, cannot be repaired. Can you suggest something I can do about it.Thanks for any help, Rita

Mariella said...

Rita try the link again.
Sorry I cannot answer you everytime - you have no email addy or Blogger profile - no way to contact you.