Saturday, September 29, 2007

Brazilian Baby Sweater

I was let astray, far from my normal hunting grounds by Linda

She in turn was led astray by my adventure in Brazilian Sapatinhos!

She found instructions by Elaine on her YouTube page for lots of interesting crocheted projects.

So being adventurous I studied her videos to make this darling crocheted baby sweater.

They're all in Portuguese and while I do not understand the language, I can understand crocheting as I watch them.

So here is my finished sweater from her videos "CROCHE - VÍDEO SURPRESA 1" and consist of 4 parts.



I probably need to make another and lengthen the bottom but I ran out of pink yarn so I had to fudge the last parts.



Now to try a knit one!



I cast on for a knitted hexagon and instead of increasing every 3rd row, I am increasing every other row to get the floppy effect. Have to gather up that beginning row and close the hole.

Should be fun!

Meanwhile the Baby Bog is coming along. Will report on that in another post.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

OLÁ QUERIDA

OBRIGADA PELA VISITA E CONTATO. SEU CASAQUINHO FICOU MUITO BONITO, PARABÉNS.

ELAINE

Anonymous said...

LOL You are the one that encouraged me to Google Saphinitos(?) Your slippers were just too cute! I'm going to attempt your 'pumpkin slippers' in orange to match baby pumpkin hats for the hospital for Halloween.

Your sweaters are turning out beautiful! I'll have to go back and finish watching her videos for that also. I learned so much from watching the crocheted bootie she did! Like you said, I don't understand the lauguage but I know what I'm looking at as shes doing it. Her voice was kind of mesmerizing too don'tcha think? :-)

-Linda in Fl (aka spinner_mom)