Friday, August 10, 2007

Sea Lady Scarf

Finished my take on the Sideways Seaman's Scarf.



I used worsted wt yarn from my stash and #10 needles
Cast on for a total of 148 stitches.
Separated into sections of 58/32/58
Worked 2 ridges of garter stitch and then started the short rows at the designated sections.
I think I worked a short row on every other row.

I used the measurements from Stahman's Shawls and Scarves

Here is what the middle section looks like.




Meanwhile I'm having tons of fun on Ravelry. They have a section where you can add your stash and they link with Flickr, so you can take pictures of your yarn and it shows up in your stash page.
Since I have such a large stash I have decided to label some of my yarns in the Sell/Trade category. Who knows when I will ever get to them and maybe some one might be looking for that particular dye lot.

I've already started another wip because I found a cute pattern that others are working on and I had the right yarn in my stash. Only one ball, but enough to make this baby hat from Hello Yarn.
Will post pics later.
Back to cataloging and digging thru my stash.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Isn't Ravelry awesome! I hadn't ever taken pictures of my stash until I got on there! I am addicted!

Wool Winder said...

Nice scarf! I've seen that bonnet made without the ears and eyes and it's really cute.