Monday, January 29, 2007

Working Out With The Knitting Machine

I've been knitting up stash around here by using my trusty knitting machine to help me along.

Here is a big scarf I started a few days ago, hanging on the bed.


I used 62 needles and keyplate 4 with worsted wt yarn.

And here is the completed stole like scarf.


It measures 19" x 68" - big enough to wrap around one's head and cover the upper shoulders.
As you can see I added some dropped stitches for lightness and interest.


Even more sweaters for the Rez.

This is what they look like after I have finished all the pieces on the machine and I even added a picot eyelet hem. Lots of ends to sew up :)



And this is the finished sweater!



Yes - I still hand knit! Check out this top down raglan I've started. It's one of Mary Rich Goodwin's designs.

4 comments:

Wool Winder said...

The knitting machine is the way to go to use up the stash. Love everything!

Ann said...

Looking good!

Pam said...

What machine is that? I have a Passap Vario Big and a Studio mid guage which I can never remember the model number to. I usually knit the boring parts on the machine.

steel breeze said...

You can do a picot hem all in one piece if you want - make the eyelets, K a few rows, pick up the edge. It makes a neat hem.