A new year - new resolutions and a look back at what I knit & crocheted in 2006.
In 2005 I challenged myself to complete 200 knitted objects.
I did it! I did it ! (doing the Dora dance)
I even made one extra for a total of 201 FO's for 2006.
Here's the count:
18 baby sweaters
1 child's sweater
2 baby bibs
28 pairs of baby booties
25 pairs of mittens
17 pairs of slippers
2 pairs of socks
4 pairs of wristers
Obviously I like knitting hats.... and I'm not too fond of knitting socks.
So this year I won't challenge myself to knit more - I'm going to challenge myself to this:
There's a theme going around Blogdom to Knit From Your Stash - click on the link for details.
Wendy started it and I'm going to join in because I need to reduce my stash. Seriously...
Here are my own rules for Knit From Your Stash
1. My KFYS marathon will last all year!
2. I will NOT buy anymore yarn with the following exceptions:
2a. If a family member asks for a knitted item and I do not have it in my stash, I am allowed to purchase yarn for that project.
2b. If I run out of yarn for WIP that has been languishing in my UFO pile.
Now for my New Year's Knitting Resolutions:
2. Reduce my pattern library by 1/3 - I have way too many magazines, booklets, etc!
3. Finish the WIPs! Designate a WIP day - WIP Wednesday?
4. Work on only 2 projects at any given time before starting a new one (oh this is so hard for me)