Saturday, January 06, 2007

Off To A Good Start!

I'm off to a good start because I finally finished that rectangular blanket/lapghan. Check out my last year's post for the start.

It was made with stash worsted wt yarns on size 9 needles
and measures 38" x 39"




Now for my Calorimetry Craze.

I've knit up 3 of these from Knitty's 2006 Winter Issue.
They're a quick knit while watching Tivo and at most use up a few ounces of yarn.
The original pattern calls for 120 sts, I used 80, then 84, then finally settled on 88 sts with size 8 needles.


The one on the top left is an attempt at an all garter stitch one from tip to tip - didn't like it - the original pattern is faster.


Last but not least - a pair of patriotic booties!


6 comments:

Monika said...

Oh wowy! Your blanket turned out wonderful ! Totally gorgeous!

Cassandra said...

Everything looks awesome! If you are interested in a feel-good knitting opportunity, check out my blog! My group is collecting 8x8" knit or crocheted squares to make afghans for orphanages. Each month has a new orphanage. Just thought I'd let you know!

Great job!

Ann said...

I love the way your blanket came out!

Dipsy D. said...

Oh, I so love your work, all these projects look so great! But the best one definitely is the blanket, it turned out so gorgeous - awesome colours too!

Wool Winder said...

The blanket is beautiful! Someone is going to cherish that gift (or is it for you?). I think I'm going to have to try Calorimetry. My "to knit" list just keeps growing and growing.

Colette said...

I love the patriotic bootees, can you tell me where you got the pattern, I've been looking for something similar but have not had luck in finding it.