Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Knitting As Usual

I had mentioned I was working on 3 sweaters and I've finished one, almost done with the other two. I need to use up my stash so it's time to bring out the trusty old ISM/Bond knitting machine. It's very easy to knit up the fronts, backs and sleeves in stockinette stitch as they are just rectangles. I like to hand knit the ribbings and collars while watching TV.

So here is Baby Sweater #1





Sweater Number Two

Sweater number 2 is also a combination of machine and hand knitting. The sleeves have some garter stitch detail, so they're being hand knit.





Sweater Number 3
This cute little green sweater is so easy to knit up in garter stitch.
I'm almost done as you can see.
Pattern is located here


Sorry about the really bright red quilt....


Baby Blankets

Baby Clouds Blanket
I'm using up some chunky baby yarn my sister gave me to make this eyelet type blanket.
I am using a pattern from the Michael's site - here





Stash Baby Blanket
I knit this one up on the knitting machine using my stash. Yellow yarn from Super Yarn Mart and the ombre is Dazzleaire. I didn't plan the patterning on the ombre- it just came out that way! Blanket measures about 36"x42"




And I tried this new edging technique to stop curling. You reform the 2nd and 4th sts in from the edge by dropping them down every 10 rows and hooking 2 loops together.



More Snow Pictures
Here is a picture of Snow Day in Fontana that I took in the afternoon. All the ground snow is gone, but the mountains still had some white showing.





And this one was enhanced using my photo imaging software - I think I like it as a banner.

2 comments:

Vada said...

All of your projects look wonderful! I like how the ombre made those designs with no extra detail. Great work!

Wool Winder said...

The knitting machine sounds like it really speeds things up. Great projects!