Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Answers To Some Questions

I thought I would try to answer some of the questions posted.
So here goes!

Vada wanted to know how to add the Knitting From Your Stash 2007 button on the sidebar.

I’m not too tech savy but I'll give it a try.

You first have to save the button as an image on your computer, then upload it to your server. An easier way is to just upload it as a picture in one of your posts and then you can add it to the sidebar part of your template by referring to the image on that post.

I used Blogger Help and Googled to find some more instructions. Hopefully you can get your button up successfully!


Colette asked me for the pattern for the patriotic booties. Well I did mention that the actual pattern is a hodgepodge of several patterns out there on the net and this is the basic pattern I followed

Care Wear Very Easy Knit Booties.


These are my mods:

I used size 5 needles and worsted wt yarn

I cast on 32 sts and on the first row I knit 15, increased in next st, increased in next st and knit to end of the row. This gives you 34 sts total.

I then knit another row across and on the next row did middle increases again, so now I have 36 sts total. This gives a cupped heel instead of a pointy one.

Then I knit for a total of 8 ridges from the beginning.

Bound off 8 sts at the beginning of the next 2 rows and knit on the remaining 20 sts for a total of 15 ridges from the start.

Next 2 rows, k2 tog across and you have 5 sts remaining – gather those up, seam up and make the next one.

On the needles

3 baby sweaters - yup I said 3..... but I am using my stash!

A crocheted scrap afghan

3 comments:

k said...

May I ask a question, too? A Google search for "Beribboned Eyelet" led me to your blog. Did you finish the sweater, and was it really size 6 months? I got gauge in stockinette, but the first piece (upper back) is huge! Thanks for any help!
Kathy McCormack
kmccATeskimoDOTcom

Vada said...

Thank you very much! I will be uploading my site this weekend! I'm still in awe at all of the use of color in your patterns,they really are beautiful!

Mariella said...

Answer to K
I knit very loose so I think my sweater came out larger than 6mos size. The sweater has now gone to the Reservation so I have no way of measuring it again.
Just keep knitting and if it is too large it will eventually fit the wearer - better than too small!