Friday, January 19, 2007

And a Two and a Three!

I've been knitting up small sweaters for CRR as our group is having a Sweater Challenge running from mid- Jan to mid- April. A good challenge to warm the children and knit up some of that large yarn stash of mine.


Sweater Number Two




Yarn is from my stash and I used the Bond/ISM knitting machine to work the front and back stockinette. Ribbing, sleeves and collar are hand knit. It's from an old Knitting Magazine pattern.

Here's the back view




Sweater Number Three
Finally finished the One Button Garter Stitch Cardi and it was a very easy knit. Just your basic garter stitch and increases and decreases. I used Red Heart worsted wt fleck.





Warming my Feet


My feet are cold and my slippers are getting holes! Oh no what's a girl to do but knit up another pair of slippers. I am testing this pattern that starts with the ribbing and works down the front, making a short row toe. I worked a garter stitch sole, picking up stitches as I went back to the heel part. The heel is also short rowed.

Outcome - too wide for even my wide foot so next time I'll try less stitches or maybe smaller needles - we'll see as I still have to finish the second one.....

3 comments:

Wool Winder said...

The sweaters are great. Do you have a particular number you're shooting for? Good luck with the slippers.

Monika said...

Cute little sweaters! I'd like to know how many you are having in mind. The slippers do look cozy though and I like the green color!

Linda_S. said...

I love the socks. The toe-down crocheted sock is my favorite too. Haven't tried my hand at knitting socks yet..would require buying more needles and I think that will have to wait until the work room is done.. Thanks for the encouragement on the room. I can hardly wait to get it done.