Monday, July 17, 2006

Knitting Thru The Heat Wave

Off The Hook

For a quick "fix", I crocheted these Shell Wrist Warmers - pattern here

It sure was hard to take a picture of one's own hand, not to mention the humidity that made it hard to get these on!





On The Needles

Progressing on the pink mittens - these will be my 12th pair!




A garter stitch baby bib because I keep reading about them on the Mason Dixon Kal. I've got to get that book!




Weaving

I'm still working on 7" squares and experimenting with different patterns. My little pile of squares is growing.

5 comments:

Monika said...

So many beautiful projects! You are a busy bee! How's the Curve of Pursuit coming along? ;o)

Mariella said...

The 100+ temps around here have stalled all blanket knitting.
Maybe I can get a few sides done today, it's only going to be in the high 90's :)

Monika said...

I know what you mean. I've stopped knitting on my blankets too. Needed to do something else, so I've knitted with cotton. Unfortunately I've developed some kind of rash exactly where the cotton was running on my finger, it's almost a blister. Had that before working with cotton.

Linda_S. said...

When I saw the hand warmers, I just had to try it...grin I like the shell on yours better than the single rib I did on mine, so may have to make another pair...

Mariella said...

Carol's pattern says to chain 36, but I found that was too loose for my hand, so I only crocheted 30. I think that turned out to be 10 shells around. It is a very quick project!