Sunday, July 02, 2006

July Knitting

Mitten knitting is still going on but took off on a few hats to change gears.

The Magic Ball
What is one to do with all those bits and bobs of yarn?
Make a "Magic Ball" and knit hats!



Bits & Pieces Hat
I was inspired by this Knifty Knitter round loom pattern, only I hand knit mine with bits and pieces of leftover yarn.




And so I knit more hats!
The one on the lower left is a garter stitch short row hat and the one on the right is one of Ann's Fat Hats.




Two more
The one on the left was knit with Lion Brand Homespun in a K4, P1 swirl pattern.
The one on the right is knit with 2 strands of yarn - one main color and one of bits and pieces.



And I even crocheted one!
Found a great pattern here at Dot's Crochetbythehook site. Really fast and uses up more stash yarn.

4 comments:

Ann said...

You sure are going to town!

Mariella said...

Knitting won over going out in the yard and pulling weeds! Too hot!

Wool Winder said...

I like the bits and pieces hats. Time to wind up a magic ball of yarn for myself.

Mariella said...

That Magic Ball keeps growing! I keep adding to it after I finish a hat - I just can't stop - I'm addicted!